Research shows that when customers have an issue with a product or service 90% say they have used social media to communicate directly with the brand.
Ignoring or taking days, even hours to communicate with disgruntled customers can severely effect your brand reputation. This lackluster social media engagement can have a negative impact on businesses.
According to Sprout Social:
- 75% of respondents had a negative experience with brands on social sites
- 36% used such platforms to shame a company for poor customer service
- 30% said they would switch to a competitor if a brand fails to respond
Conversely, brands can use social media to their benefit if they respond quickly and provide helpful answers to customer queries, according to the report. When companies meet these conditions:
- 75% of people are likely to share positive reviews on social media
- 65% of respondents said they will have more brand loyalty
- 25% are less likely to go to a competitor or post negative things about the brand
Bottom line: Brands respond quickly and helpfully and you will turn your disgruntled customers into raving fans.
Source credit: Social Sprout Survey